Day 33: Star Pillow

This was a complete FAIL! I made so many amateur mistakes that it probably took me 3 x as long as it should have. And the result is a deformed starfish! I found this task frustrating to say the least!

IMG_2675 IMG_2676 IMG_2677 IMG_2678

I sewed all the way round the star, then realised I’d sewn everything upside down! So when I turned the material inside out, the shiny part of the silk was on the inside. So I had to painstakingly unpick all the stitching and redo it all! ARGH! But one of the sides I couldn’t unpick because I’d set the length of the stitch so tiny. All the edges frayed, and I had to cut that small-stitched side – so the star became smaller, pointer and completely uneven. 😛


The Final Product


One comment

Comment on this post

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s